How to become a third-party participant
Energinet has a number of requirements you must meet in order to access customers data from DataHub based on an authorization (power of attorney) granted by the customer.
Admission requirements for third-party participants
A number of requirements must be met to operate on the Danish electricity market as a third party.
- VAT registration: The company must be VAT registered in Denmark.
- NemID/MitID Company Signature: The company must use a valid NemID/MitID company signature from Nets to authenticate itself.
- Company website: The company must have its own website.
You are welcome to complete a number of steps on your own to speed up the third-party admission process:
- User manuals: We recommend that you read the user manuals for third-party admission before you start the admission process
- NemID/MitID: Make sure to have your NemID/MitID ready by applying for it well in advance
- Excel: You may find it useful to create an Excel template to list and analyse data.
Tips for a strong start
- Apply for third-party access well in advance
- Prepare for the admission process by reading Energinet’s user manuals.