Denmark as an energy hub
We want to develop and take advantage of Denmark's geographical position as an energy hub between Scandinavia and Europe.
- In 2020, we have, together with the energy sector, strengthened Denmark's position as a country which attracts sustainable energy investments.
- In 2020, we have exploited Denmark's position as an energy hub to ensure economies of scale in the operation of the Danish electricity and gas grids.
EXAMPLES OF SUCCES:
- Energinet's cooperation with the UK's National Grid is creating a satisfactory basis for a final investment decision on Viking Link.
- Energinet's cooperation with the Polish company Gaz-System S.A. is creating a satisfactory basis for a final investment decision on the Baltic Pipe.
- The cooperation on a harmonised gas market means that Gas Storage Denmark will benefit more from the European gas market.