Energy across borders
We want to develop and take advantage of Denmark's geographical position as an energy hub between Scandinavia and Europe.
Shippers in the Danish gas market benefit from the flexibility and high-capacity infrastructure of the Danish energy system:
High security of supply supporting the ongoing green transition on the gas market:
- Very high operational reliability
- A growing and more inter-connected biomethane market
- Close cooperation with Gas Storage Denmark and the Danish gas exchange Gaspoint Nordic
- A greater market integration towards Sweden and Poland
- Cooperation in North Sea Wind Power Hub – Power to Gas
Flexible and market-based end-of-day balancing:
- No intra-day restrictions
- Daily cash-out to zero based on shippers end-of-day position
Many free of charge services:
- Free registration to Energinet’s register of players and our online booking system
- Free use of the virtual points of Energinet’s market model
Influence the development of our market – including market rules:
- Energinet hosts Shippers’ Forums multiple times a year
- We invite the market participants to user groups to share experience and ideas for the gas market development in Denmark
We invite you to explore how the features of Energinet's market model can work for you.
Makes good decisions better. Access to the data you need, when you need it.
Gas balancing now and in the future.
Grow your business with biomethane.
Registered shippers have access to trade gas and capacity on a number of platforms.
Secure communication with Edigas XML.
Contact information for shippers in Energinet's Register of Players.
Energinet invest in the next level of integration with adjacent systems and markets
The incremental capacity process is divided into several phases
Possible development of a green gas grid towards Lolland-Falster
The new Baltic Pipe infrastructure project changes gas market capacities
New shippers must be registered in Energinet's Register of Players. Learn more about the benefits of being a shipper in Denmark and how to register as a shipper in Energinet´s Register of Players.